COVID-19 vaccine information
The NHS COVID-19 mass vaccination programme has begun but it is in the very early stages and the NHS is asking people to bear with us while we work through the priority groups which have been agreed nationally.
The priority groups in order are:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
Apart from frontline health and social care workers, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals is NOT vaccinating people. Everyone else on the list above will be contacted by their GP or the NHS national booking service to arrange their vaccination once it is their turn according to the priority groups.
Please do not turn up at our hospitals or your GP surgeries without being contacted as we will not be able to vaccinate you on an adhoc basis.