How you can help us
To help reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), please stay at home and only go out when it’s essential to help you avoid getting the virus and stop it spreading to other people.
You should only leave your home for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home If you do need to leave your home for any of the reasons above, there are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- minimise time spent outside of the home
- ensure you are 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone outside of your household.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards Thank you to those of you who are remaining at home and social isolating.